A Boil :)

A Boil :)

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fried Pork chops, fried Green Tomatoes, mashed potatoes and green beans!

This is what I am making for dinner tonight, at Husbands request. I am going to buy super thin boneless Pork Chops, bread them with seasoned flour and fry them in a shallow pan of extra virgin olive oil on each side for about 4 min. each. For the mashed Potatoes, I will peel and dice potatoes, boil until soft and drain, then return to the pot and put back on the burner for minute or so and this will assure that all the water is gone. Then add lots and lots of butter, lots of salt a little pepper and a little milk, blend well while mashing and tada! I think that I will bread the green tomatoes in a mixture of seasoned flour and cornmeal (about half and half).
A friend of mine told me that if you add just a few sprinkles of beef bullion to the canned green beans with cooking and it will add alot of flavor without all the fat of adding a strip of bacon, which is what I have been previously been doing and it is super tasty, I will do that tonight :)
For dessert I am thinking about chocolate dipped pretzel sticks!
What are you eating for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment