A Boil :)

A Boil :)

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tuna Fish Sandwich

Yesterday for lunch all I could think about was finding a good Tuna Fish Sandwich! But let me tell you, the perfect Tuna Fish sandwich is not one that you can buy at a store or restaurant :( IT must be made at home. The perfect Tuna to me is Canned Tuna, Mayo, Sweet Pickles sliced up very small (relish will not do!), eggs and then season with salt and pepper. This sounds very simple but really this is just something that does not need to be fancied up. Serve this on Toasted Bunny Bread and you will really have something!
I ended up going to The Whistle Stop Cafe in Denham Springs, LA. The sandwich was nice, the tuna itself was like what you get at subway, a veritable paste made of Tuna and Mayo with perhaps a little sweet pickle relish, blah, but what made it at least nice was the thick fresh wheat bread, and the mix of greens and tomato added :)
If you are in a pinch for some Tuna and you are feeling adventurous, I would also recommend Whole foods, at least down here they do a Tuna with mayo, raw yellow onions and Craisins. It sounds odd but trust me you will not be dissappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment