A Boil :)

A Boil :)

Friday, July 29, 2011

Amazing Bulgogi

So, the Bulgogi turned out AMAZING!! The little man at the Oriental Market told me that you are actually suppose to use eye of round for Bulgogi, so I got him to slice me 1 1/2lbs of that very thin. I took it home and marinated it in 1/3 cup of soy sauce, 3 tbls of sugar, 1 tbl of sesame oil, 2 green onions (chopped), 3 cloves of garlic (minced), 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger and a few pinches of black pepper. This was refridgerated for one hour. Then I got a skillet hot and covered on the bottom with oil (you will probably need to add a little more oil after every batch) and fried each piece laying completely flat. They are sliced very thin and take about a min per side.
I am almost sure that My friend Patricia's mom use to use Coca Cola in this recipe somewhere but I have not seen a recipe with it. But this dish really brought me back to her kitchen and to Sue's in Missouri :)
Hope you enjoy this dish as much as I did.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/42/Coca_Cola_Bulgogi37277.shtml

    Uses Coke

    ReplyDelete
  2. another

    http://www.koreataste.org/lang/en/en/blogging-en/coca-cola-bulgogi/

    ReplyDelete