A Boil :)

A Boil :)

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I could talk about FOOD...

I have found that the common denominator amoung all people is food. YOu might love to cook but even those who don't love to eat. Everyone has a favorite dish, a favorite restaraunt or a favorite snack food! and isn't it amazing how particular foods can bring back a rush of memories. For my Birthday every year as a child my grandmother would cook me anything that I wanted and every year I asked for the same thing. A big pan of Chicken and Cornbread Dressing and Strawberry Jello Cake for Dessert :) I would eat my dressing in a bowl with cranberry sauce and stir them until mixed Completely, wow, talk about good.
It was not until I was grown did I realize what a good cook my Grandmother was. I had no interest in cooking as a child or even as a preteen, which is unfortunate because there were so many wonderful cooks around me then and I could have learned sooo much, but I still have the memories that the familiar dishes conjure up in me, with every bite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment