A Boil :)

A Boil :)

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Spaghetti & Mustard Greens

All day yesterday, I was craving Mustard Greens! Called husband, he said that he and my son both wanted Spaghetti :( So, I made both lol. Got home and started chopping onions for both. I wilted a cup and a half of chopped yellow onion with 3 ham hocks in about a tablespoon of olive oil. I let that sweat for about 10 min then added 2 cloves of minced garlic, let that cook for 1 minute and added 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth, brought it to a boil and added about 2 pounds of cleaned and chopped mustard greens. Once the greens wilted (and you will want to add the greens a handful at a time) I added a few dashes of hot sauce and a few dashes of worcestershire, and a few grinds of fresh ground black pepper. Let it cook uncovered for 20 minutes and covered for 30 minutes, and you talk about good :) I made Jiffy Cornbread to go with it.
The spaghetti was a simple, easy one. I started sweating one yellow onion chopped with 1 lb of ground beef 85/15. Once the meat was cooked through, I drained it and seasoned the meat with Tony's, black pepper, salt (go light with this because the Tony's is salty), and Garlic powder. Then added an already prepared Tomato sauce (remember I said this was a quickie) haha. I used Mama Mia, a local sauce made in Shreveport, la.
The boys were happy, I was happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment