A Boil :)

A Boil :)

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie- Quick and Easy

ok, I know that it is not exactly cool enough weather for Chicken Pot Pie or any of my other favorite cold weather, comfort dishes but I just can't wait any longer!!!!!!!! School is starting back and I can see the pumpkins, feel the cool air, smell all the fair food that is coming! So, tonight I will turn the thermostat down to 65, put my "all the way down pants" on and enjoy this deliously easy Chicken Pot Pie :)
Ingredients Add to grocery list
2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (1-pound) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.

2.In a large bowl, combine soup, and next 6 ingredients. Stir in vegetables and chicken. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish; set aside.

3.In a small bowl, combine baking mix and cheese. Add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Drop biscuits by heaping tablespoonfuls evenly over chicken mixture. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until biscuits are browned and pot pie is hot and bubbly.

Recipe Courtesy of Cooking with Paula Deen Jan/Feb 2007

Who doesn't love a good Paula Deen Recipe? I love that lady. I asked my husband the other day which food network personality I was most like, i.e. my cooking style and I guess he thought he needed to pick someone really cute so as not to upset me and so he says "Rachel Ray". I told him that he must be eating at someone else's house cause I act and cook like Paula Deen or maybe Sunny Anderson :) Obviously one of my idols would be Ina Garten of The Barefoot Contessa but if we are going to be realistic here... well, maybe one day lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment