A Boil :)

A Boil :)

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Deep Fried

Here in the south we deep fry anything and everything! I was just listening to a local radio station, and they were discussing the new state fair item coming this fall, get this, DEEP FRIED BUTTER! What!! They said 1/2 the butter actually melts in the deep fryer so what you end up with is really buttery batter. We also have deep fried coca cola (don't ask me how they do that one!), deep fried oreos, deep fried snickers. I just can't take deep fried fat, I can feel my arteries clogging, haha.
My preference is deep fried vegetables, yummy. Green Tomatoes, squash, okra and my favorite- PICKLES!!! I first had this delectable treat at a gas station in Arkansas in 1998, I think this is probably where most of our better culinary endevours began, lol. I think the reason why the fried pickle appeals sooo to me is because you get that wonderful acidic bite from the vinegar, and the lovely sweet and spicy breading is the perfect counter point. I like my breaded in a mixture of corn meal and flour, seasoned with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika and just a touch of cayenne. Deep fried to a nice golden brown :) And dipped in a nice homeade buttermilk ranch dressing.
If you have not had the opportunity to try this culinary wonder, I would strongly suggest whooping up a batch of these, like pronto!! ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment