A Boil :)

A Boil :)

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Healthy Kick

Husband and I have decided that we need to lose some weight :) So, I will be attempting to cook healthier and also more frequent. It is either more expensive or more time consuming or both to eat healthier but we need it so, here goes...
Last night we had Lemon Pepper Chicken and green beans.
I bought Chicken Breast Tenders so that it would be a faster cook then the whole breast for a quick weeknight meal. I heated about 2 tbspoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and seasoned my tenders with salt and lots of black pepper (freshly cracked). Cook the tenders over medium heat, turning over every 3 to 4 minutes until you have some good color on the outside and they are no longer pink in the center. About half way through cooking process I vested a lemon over the top and then added the juice of 1/2 of that lemon (it was a good sized lemon). For the green beans, I hate to admit it but we used the canned variety :( But if you want soft cooked down green beans it is gonna take time, I like them a little crunchy but no one else in the house does, so what are you gonna do?? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment