A Boil :)

A Boil :)

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chicken Soup- A Cure-All!

This weekend my Husband came down with Strep-throat! Yikes! He throat hurt so bad that I knew he would not be able to swallow too much and when my throat hurts all I want is Chicken Noodle Soup, it's like Jewish Penacillen :)I am Methodist and for us it is more like a well said Prayer.
I boiled, then simmered a 5lb Chicken (cut into pieces) with 6 cups of water, a little salt, a little pepper and one bay leaf for 2 hours. During the last half hour I added sliced carrot and celery. When the Chicken is falling off the bone, take it our of the water and debone it and chop it into bite sized pieces and set aside. Skim the fat off the top and add about a cup and a half of noodles. Cook until tender and add the chicken back to the pot. Sprinkle generously with parsley and voila!!
This soup makes being sick, not quite so bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment